My Other Blog

I have a second blog, please check it out for topics that rock my world!

Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

College Woes

This is not hair related, but I have finally come to a decision that I feel is best for me and since I can't stop thinking about it, I felt I should blog it.

I was recently getting a portfolio together to go into Early Childhood Education. My current degree is Child & Family Development so I would have been a double major. I am already a semester behind because of a terrible first semester at school. I've decided that I just want to graduate with my one degree. I feel that this would be better for me, I no longer feel like i have YEARS of school looming ahead of me. The reason I wanted the other degree was so that I could make more money when I graduate. Child Development degrees do not have good outcomes financially, you have to really love your job. Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't, because I don't know, but I want to school, to not only be happy in my job, but also to make money! I am technically in debt because of student loans and I have to have money to pay them off! Lol. I would also like a family of my own and my own house and I can't do that without...MONEY. :P

But I felt like, if I were to be in school for an extra 4 (maybe less) years then I might as well get a Master's in my degree and I will have more opportunities, plus I can work while getting this degree, instead of being in school and racking up the debt. I will be seeing my advisor on Monday so hopefully she will have encouraging words as far as future job outlooks. Well, I feel a little better now, and if anyone wants to speak on this, you are free to do so. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment