My Other Blog

I have a second blog, please check it out for topics that rock my world!

Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wash Day

Yesterday was wash day, but I didn't start until like 10PM. I did a lot of shopping yesterday, got a food chopper to mix together some shea butter mixes. I order my shea butter today from Shea Essentials and so when I get my package I'll make an update about how it is! One last thing before I get into my wash day is that this post will be number 13. I am going to combat my superstitiousness and say that this is okay. I mean, I did B/C at 13 1/2 months. Now, onto the important stuff.

I purchased, from Sally's, Ion's Hard Water Shampoo and conditioner because I haven't clarified in a long time and felt like before I D/C I should start with a clean slate, plus I was too lazy to pick up my Joico from my mother's house. So, I shampoo'd twice since I didn't get a good lather the first time especially in the front where I applied EcoStyler. It left my hair squeaky clean, which I like. Plus just about all the shampoo's I use do that. Then I applied EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), and I felt like it was a big waste to have just used a clarifier, but anywho, oil rinses are supposed to make hair easier to detangle, and i figured, why not try it? So I put it in and rinsed out with warm water, then applied the Ion conditioner and left it in for a few minutes, and within that time, combed through my hair with my wide toothed shower comb. I suppose it felt slightly easier to comb, but I won't  say it works until I use it a few more times in different conditions.

So after this, I rinsed the conditioner out with cool water and began to prepare my DC. I mixed Aussie Moist 3 min Deeep Conditioner with EVOO, and parted my hair, applying it all over, placed a plastic cap on and did nothing of importance for 1 1/2 hours.  After that I rinsed it out and my hair felt very soft. I feel I should get a new DC though because I'm sure Aussie formulated it to do whatever it could within 3 minutes. I do like it though.

This is where I faulted. After I rinsed the DC out I went to apply Aussie MOist conditioner as my leave in, and as I slapped it on the front It got real foamy very easily. I wondered why it won't like that, and ran to look at which bottle I picked up...the shampoo. I felt stupid for not even reading the bottle or notice the different colored tops. So I hopped back in the shower, rinsed it off, and applied the conditioner there.

So that was my wonderful day, a DC pretty much gone to waste, but nonetheless, got to try new products. That's it for now, have a good day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment